Is there a minimum order amount with digital printing?
At Cartamodello Papeterie, we realise that at times smaller soirees may only call for a small number of invitations. For our smaller invitations (such as engagement invitations, bachelorette party invitations, hen's party invitations, baby shower invitations, etc.) we require a minimum order of 8 pieces. For our wedding invitations (which are a little larger), we require a minimum order of 30 pieces. This is due to the proportionately higher costs involved in establishing smaller runs.
Can I see a sample of your work before placing an order?
Absolutely! We encourage all of our customers to view our pieces close up to really become familiar with the high quality of our design work and the materials we use.
If you would like to purchase a sample prior to placing an order, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link above. We will send you an invoice for $15 (our standard sample pack charge), and once you've made payment we'll put together a sample pack for you. Shipping is free to addresses within Australia. Shipping overseas will be charged at the applicable rate.
If you then choose to proceed with an order, the $15 sample charge will be credited towards your order amount.
What's included with my printed order?
When you order invitations, response cards, thank you cards, and save the dates, you will automatically receive the same number of blank envelopes in a smooth white finish (plus a couple of extras in case of addressing accidents ;-)).
Can samples be customised with my wording and colours?
When you place a full order with Cartamodello Papeterie, your invitation (and/or other items) will be customised with your chosen wording and colours.
However, samples are shipped AS IS (as they are pictured on the listing). They are pre-printed and can not be adjusted in anyway.
All samples are printed on the same stocks and digital presses we use to print all our customised orders, so samples are an extremely smart and accurate way to preview one (or a selection!) of our beautiful designs before commiting to a full order.
What will I receive with my sample?
Your sample will come with your chosen sample design and samples of envelope options. If you have requested a few pieces to compare, we will usually include these at no extra charge :-)
Will I see a preview of my design with my custom wording and colours before it's printed?
We totally understand that you'd want to double (and triple!) check your design before things are set in stone (or more appropriately, ink ;-)). Your design will be customised with your chosen wording and colours once your order is received. Due to the time it takes to carefully typeset and customise your design, we cannot offer previews prior to payment.
So you can be 100% sure you're 100% delighted with your design, Cartamodello Papeterie offers you two free rounds of changes with each printed order. These changes are limited to your purchased design only, so requests for design swaps cannot be accommodated.
Can I use my own custom wording?
Absolutely! When placing your order, you can choose to just "fill in the blanks" and leave the wording as shown in the example image, or (space permitted) provide your own custom wording.
What is the turnaround time for orders?
Obviously we will do our absolute best to ensure you get your order as soon as possible! Turnaround times can vary depending on proofing time and customs delays (when shipping overseas), but the following is an approximate guide to turnaround times:
• First proof delivered electronically within two business days of order (full details) received at our end
• Each updated proof (if required) delivered within two business days of receiving your updated proof form
• Printing commences within one business day of receiving proof approval and sign off
• Printing and finishing takes up to ten business days
• Shipping within Australia via Express Post to Express Post destinations guarantees next day delivery to postcodes within the Express Post network
• Shipping internationally takes between two and ten business days (depending on chosen shipping option, and excluding possible customs delays).
Do you ship internationally, and do any additional fees apply?
Yes, we LOVE international orders as much as we love receiving orders from fellow Aussies :-) We offer a range of shipping services to fit your budget and timeframe. Please keep in mind, however, that orders delivered to locations outside of Australia may be subject to additional taxes, duties, and other fees. These additional costs are unfortunately out of our hands, and are therefore your responsibility at the time of delivery.
Can my order be marked as a gift on the customs declaration form?
International orders must be accompanied by a customs declaration form and shipping label. International orders will always be marked as "Merchandise" and cannot be marked as anything else (i.e. gift, documents).
What are your wooden invitations made from?
Certainly! Our wood invitations are made from 100% real wood, sliced thinly so they can be used in a commercial printer. Our regular weight wooden invitations are similar in weight to our card stocks (so they feel like about 300gsm card stock), though Birch tends to feel a little lighter and less rigid than Mahogany and Cherry. Thicker wood (up to 1.5mm thick) can be arranged if preferred, and if you have a special request for another type of wood not listed we may be able to help you out.
All of our stocked wood types are absolutely beautiful!
Are wooden invitations eco friendly?
Yes, for several reasons:
• The wood used for our wooden invitations is sourced from sustainable plantations;
• It takes less energy and fewer resources to manufacture the wood used for our invitations;
• Because of the nature of the wood used, and the fact that it's simply sliced (and not processed like paper!), there's no wasteful use of excess water or chemicals such as bleach;
• We encourage our customers to purchase either 100% recycled and/or FSC certified envelopes to pair with their beautiful wooden invitations; and
• For each wooden invitation order placed, a tree will be planted (cue music: "The ciiiiircle of liiiiife!"). That's gotta make you feel good!